We are a Social Action Congregation- not a committee!
We hold monthly Congregational Community Action Events in the Kingston community, on the evening of the second Thursday of the month, during which our volunteers exercise their interests and strengths to help others in the larger Kingston community. For example, we have helped shelter residents build resumes and practice job interviewing skills, and painted rooms and cleaned up spaces to house immigrants needing shelter.
We sponsor numerous volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including:
- Cemetery clean-ups (working with the larger Jewish community)
- A Christmas Feast for the neediest in our community (working with local churches)
- Providing homemade dinner and breakfast twice monthly for guests at the Warming Center
- Fundraising for emergency needs. Last year, for example, we were able to provide new shoes for the undocumented immigrant families living in Ulster County who did not have shoes.
We hope you’ll get involved, and we are always open to hearing about your passion projects.
Please contact Joy Weinberg, Social Action chair, at email@example.com to join the Social Action Opportunities email list (we promise never to email you more than once or twice a month) and join us in making a difference.
Please visit our Activites Calendar for our many volunteer opportunities
* Sunday, February 24 (if the temperature dips below freezing): cooking dinner or breakfast foods & delivering to the Warming Center at 7pm
* Sunday, March 10 (if the temperature dips below freezing): cooking dinner or breakfast foods & delivering to the Warming Center at 7pm
* Sunday, March 24 (if the temperature dips below freezing): cooking dinner or breakfast foods & delivering to the Warming Center at 7pm
Contact Helene Richman 917-853-2021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.